Saturday 15 June 2013

Consider your garden well watered

Yes, we all know it’s been raining. It’s such a disappointment in June, when it persists the way it has this week.  Just imagine, you’re sat out in the garden with friends and family of an evening. Some music is playing gently in the background, the tea lights are lit and hang in their coloured glass holders in the trees. You’ve enjoyed a glass of wine or two and that soft, warm summer breeze drifts across your face. Feeling relaxed? I can dream! So, this week I’ve been making plans for my own pergola, with a roof! I think something like this is essential for all garden lovers in this country, or of course you could always go for the more traditional summer house. But for me the pergola will suit just fine, I will sit out and listen to the pitter patter raindrops whilst reading my book. I'll warm things up a bit as I watch the flames dance in the chiminea and i'll listen to the birds singing. I WILL enjoy this year’s summer evenings, even if it pours!

Has that given you some ideas for your own garden? It’s all about making the most of the space you have, we can help you to do that. If you want to chat about ideas just drop us a line or give us a call and we’ll see how we can help.
This week, despite the rain, Richard has been busy with garden maintenance (as usual) and he’s also been doing a fair bit of hedge cutting. Now that everything has had a good watering, it’s all shot up. And that’s what you can expect, especially for your grass. It’s best to cut it regularly, preferably once a week at this time of year. After cutting, apply a granular weed and feed in order to avoid weeds taking over. If we do get a dry spell, make sure you water your lawn in the evening to keep it looking tip top!
I am hopeful for next week as it seems the temperatures are set to improve slightly. So, stay happy and have a great week. And a big ‘Happy Father’s Day’ to all those fab, hard working Dads out there.